Transgressed sentence example
- The fifth commandment transgressed, ' Honor thy father and thy mother '; the eighth, ' Thou shalt not steal ' .
- We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.
- Here, as in Ezekiel, the first man is pre-eminently wise and strong; though he transgressed, wisdom rescued him, i.e.
- One scandal followed hard on the other, and opposition naturally sprang up. Unfortunately, Savonarola, the head of that opposition, transgressed all bounds in his wellmeant zeal.
- So in his warfare, though he kept strict discipline and allowed no wanton violence, he treated severely all who had in his opinion transgressed.Advertisement
- Lois has transgressed against the behavior expected of her gender and class just as much as if she had indeed become a courtesan.
- This hugely symbolic event was arguably a ritual act of public desecration which transgressed the most sacred site of communist public space.
- In some places, in cases of crime, the members of the family or village would convey the culprit bound - sometimes even carrying him like a pig that is to be killed - and place him with apologies before those against whom he had transgressed.
- It is said, They like Adam have transgressed the covenant.
- The Dutch finance ministry issued a dress code for staff saying that white socks " transgressed the limits of decent dress behavior ".Advertisement
- And indeed you knew those among you who transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath.
- Alternatively, someone may have transgressed this Qur'anic rule and exceeded the bounds set by Allah.
- The hungry disciples had so transgressed as they walked through the fields of ripe corn.