Transfinite sentence example
- Cantor held that these transfinite numbers had an actual existence, drawing on his early religious training to justify the assertion.
- His proof of the well ordering property used the axiom of choice to construct sets by transfinite induction.
- Our ability to think about transfinite ordinals is one of the things to be explained.
- Recall that " addition " for transfinite cardinals is defined in terms of set union.
- When the imaginary transfinite mathematics of the actual infinite is translated into real finite terms, the results are nonsensical.Advertisement
- Finally, we extend the theory of needed reduction from the finite to the transfinite case.