Tramping sentence example
- They heard the tramping of horses and the voices of a number of men.
- The Megillah or Roll of Esther is read both at home and in the synagogue, and wherever, during the reading, the name of Haman is mentioned, it is accompanied with tramping the feet.
- tramping round Edinburgh City center for days now.
- Tramping back to the man 's house they found the battered body of the man 's wife.
- tramping a mile they reached a wide vacancy on the deserted wharves, and in this dark and rainy desert they parted.Advertisement
- tramping around in snow I usually use trainers I don't care about.
- The sound of voices, the tramping feet, the horses' hoofs moving in mud, the crackling of wood fires near and afar, merged into one tremulous rumble.
- After tramping a mile they reached a wide vacancy on the deserted wharves, and in this dark and rainy desert they parted.
- Mark has been tramping round Edinburgh City center for days now.
- Tramping around in snow I usually use trainers I do n't care about.Advertisement
- He decided, therefore, to become a sailor, and, in 1848, tramping across the country to Cleveland, Ohio, he sought employment from the captain of a lake schooner.
- Although born in New York, Mr Roosevelt spent much of his boyhood at Oyster Bay, the country home of his father, on Long Island Sound, where he began with a distinct purpose, unusual among boys of his age, to build up a naturally frail physique by rowing and swimming in the waters of Long Island Sound, and by riding over the hills and tramping through the woods of Long Island.
- "The squadwon can't pass," shouted Vaska Denisov, showing his white teeth fiercely and spurring his black thoroughbred Arab, which twitched its ears as the bayonets touched it, and snorted, spurting white foam from his bit, tramping the planks of the bridge with his hoofs, and apparently ready to jump over the railings had his rider let him.
- I've never tried a Carmenere that wowed me with its complexity but I've always been satisfied -- it is just good, rustic, single-dimensional grape juice that I can imagine drinking from a Bota bag while tramping in the hills.
- John Burroughs's Camping and Tramping with Roosevelt (Boston, 1907) is an appreciation of Roosevelt as a naturalist.Advertisement
- A 3 day ' tramping ' trip toward the snows of the Southern Alps, leaves only the beach campfire eating fresh salmon.
- tramping back to the man's house they found the battered body of the man's wife.