Toxic-shock-syndrome sentence example
- Evolutionary genomics of Staphylococcus aureus: insights into the origin of methicillin-resistant strains and the toxic shock syndrome epidemic.
- Sharon, a keen sportswoman, died of Toxic Shock Syndrome two months after giving birth to her second child.
- So do three out of every five people who develop streptococcal toxic shock syndrome.
- A rare, but serious, condition called toxic shock syndrome (TSS) can be connected to tampon use.
- Initially toxic shock syndrome was associated with the use of ultra-absorbent tampons by menstruating girls and women.Advertisement
- Once ultra-absorbent tampons were taken off the market, the number of cases of toxic shock syndrome decreased substantially.
- Staphylococcal toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is caused by the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus.
- Streptococcal toxic shock syndrome (STSS, first described in 1987, is caused by Streptococcus pyogenes bacteria.
- "A Quick Diagnosis of Toxic Shock Syndrome Is Critical for Avoiding Mortality."