Tower-over sentence example
- She didn't see one woman under six feet tall or any man who didn't tower over six feet.
- The crossing is surmounted by a dome, and the extremity of the north transept by a fine square tower over 160 ft.
- Thus they make Mer y a sort of watch tower over the entrance into Afghanistan on the north-west and at the same time create a stepping-stone or etape between north-east Persia and the states of Bokhara and Samarkand.
- On the west this valley is bounded by the Congo mountains, which form the wall of the rift-valley, on the east by the mighty range of Ruwenzori, whose heights tower over 16,000 ft.
- Rostock has five old churches: St Mary's, dating from 1398 to 1472, one of the most imposing Gothic buildings in Mecklenburg, with two Romanesque towers and containing a magnificent bronze font and a curious clock; St Nicholas's, begun about 1250 and restored in 1450, and again in 1890-94; St Peter's, with a lofty tower over 4 00 ft.Advertisement
- The lofty and rugged mountains of the Hodheyl tower over the plain on the north side and overshadow the little Hill of Mercy, which is one of those bosses of weathered granite so common in the Hejaz.
- Less obvious are the storage silos on farms, usually blue or green; they tower over the surrounding countryside.
- Some boys grow quickly and can tower over smaller boys who have not yet hit their growth spurt.
- Granted, he's wearing regular soled shoes (still should have taken them off, especially on such an expensive boat), but he seems to tower over the two.
- So what if you tower over other employees?Advertisement
- The cathedral's two spires, the largest of which is 349 feet tall, tower over the pale green roof.
- She makes herself look even taller in fashionable high heels, and appears to tower over her sisters Kim and Kourtney.