Torpedoes sentence example
- In later years Ericsson devoted himself to the study of torpedoes and sun motors.
- Other schools are the school of naval medicine at Bordeaux with annexes at Toulon, Brest and Rochefort; schools of torpedoes and mines and of gunnery at Toulon, &c., &c. The coles dhydro graphic established at various ports are for theoretical training for the higher grades of the merchant service.
- The establishment of San Vito is devoted entirely to the production of artillery; that of San Bartolomeo is exclusively used for electrical works and the manufacture 'of submarine weapons, especially torpedoes.
- Tucker ordered huge spar torpedoes mounted on the ironclads, while the wooden corvettes were fitted to receive these devices when needed.
- Photon torpedoes - what have explosive coffins got to do with photon torpedoes - what have explosive coffins got to do with photons?Advertisement
- One of the torpedoes did considerable damage to the battleship by damaging her starboard propeller, wrecking her steering gear and jamming her rudders.
- At 07:04 ' Grouper ' fired three torpedoes at 3200 yards, her closest working range, none of which hit.
- In the first few months of the war, German torpedoes proved less than reliable.
- Photon torpedoes - what have explosive coffins got to do with photons?
- If faced with a close quarter situation they would fire a full salvo of torpedoes before withdrawing a high speed.Advertisement
- Some of the items you can expect to see here include traditional, large beach balls, colorful plastic rings and the jauntily named Toypedo Bandits; brightly colored toys that are shaped like torpedoes.
- Proton torpedoes skillfully placed (with an assist from the Force) sparked a chain reaction which destroyed the putatively indestructable battle station.
- Mines, torpedoes and submarines were all employed, and with the "Monitor" may fairly be said to have begun the application of mechanical science to the uses of naval war.
- It exploded on the scene like volley of photon torpedoes on May 10, 2009, just two days after the release of Star Trek (2009) in theaters, and today is the busiest Star Trek page on Life Journal.
- There are also directors of stores, of naval construction, of the medical service, and of the submarine defences (which are concerned with torpedoes, mines and torpedo-boats), as well as of naval ordnance and works, The prefect directs the operations of the arsenal, and is responsible for its efficiency and for that of the ships which are there in reserve.Advertisement