Topographer sentence example
- Had he married the landless daughter of a neighbour he might have been the ancestor of a line of Essex squires, whose careers would have had the parish topographer for chronicler.
- In 1823 extensive explorations of the Minnesota and Red River valleys were conducted by Major Stephen Harriman Long (1784-1864), and subsequently (1834-1836) knowledge of the region was extended by the investigations of the artist George Catlin (1796-1872), the topographer George William Featherstonhaugh (1780-1866), and the geologist Jean Nicholas Nicollett (1786-1843).
- The same topographer published in his Middlesex a map of Westminster as well as this one of the City of London.
- To the topographer, as to the genealogist, its evidence is of primary importance; for it not only contains the earliest survey of a township or manor, but affords in the majority of cases the clue to its subsequent descent.
- York York Minster Britton, John 1771&endash;1857, English antiquary and topographer it was written with E. W. Brayley.Advertisement
- James Sargant Storer (1771-1853) engraver, draftsman and topographer born and worked with his son in Cambridge.