Took-control sentence example
- American tycoon, Malcolm Glazer, took control of Manchester United.
- Matt took control of the ball and dived over from a ruck situation.
- A'Ran took control of the ship, forcing himself to focus.
- But her mouth took control again.
- Under this code a Board of Education, consisting of 15 members appointed by the Common Pleas judges, took control.Advertisement
- Its constitution was that of a crown colony in association with Queensland; but in 1901 the federal government took control of the territory and in 1906 a proclamation by the governor-general of the commonwealth gave it the name of the Territory of Papua.
- Rossi took control of the British MotoGP from pole position into the first turn as he attempted an early breakaway.
- The liberal Provisional government which took control was then forced out of office by a Bolshevik coup in October of that year.
- The trialist sniffing a chance, took control and beat the keeper to his right with a tidy finish.
- After that close brush with the law, a great manipulator took control of Zik's party.Advertisement
- Their duties became merged in the ordinary work of the bishops and counts, and under the emperor Charles the Bald they took control of associations 1 The history of the practice of elevating the host seems to have arisen out of the custom of holding up the oblations, as mentioned in the Ordo Romanus (see above).
- On one hand, the international community has shunned the military regime that took control of the government by force in 1988.
- When its influence waned in the mid 18th century, local merchants rose to power and took control.
- In 2002, Donald Trump, in partnership with NBC television, took control of the Miss Universe Organization, which produces the Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA contests.
- A simple multiplayer mode was also included with Sonic 2; for this each player took control of either Sonic or Tails on a split-screen arena (most of the single player zones were available).Advertisement
- In Blast Corps, you took control of a variety of construction vehicles, trucks, and robots... yes, robots.
- The Clarks company, which took control of Ravel footwear in 1974 (originally Chaussures Ravel), reported that it would convert many of Ravel's stores to Clarks, but would close any that overlapped existing Clarks businesses.
- General Henry "Hank" Landry (Beau Bridges): General Landry took control of Stargate Command upon General O'Neill's promotion (and portrayer Richard Dean Anderson's relocation to Los Angeles).