Tomes sentence example
- With proclamations, placaats and statutes abundantly filling huge tomes, the caprice of the governor was in truth the law.
- I will never forget the musty smell of the place, especially in the back rooms where we kept hundreds of ancient reference tomes.
- We are well aware of the multi-page tomes, written in dense legalese, which many people associate with the writing of wills.
- Enormous, mystical tomes contain the wealth of arcane knowledge gathered by mages over the centuries of this guild's existence.
- I have many tomes encountered case where people do not know where they are saving their word processing documents.Advertisement
- A delicate compliment was paid to the translator by Southey in the third canto of his Tale of Paraguay, the story of which was derived from the pages of Dobrizhoffer's narrative: "And if he could in Merlin's glass have seen By whom his tomes to speak our tongue were taught, The old man would have felt as pleased, I ween, As when he won the ear of that great Empress Queen."
- The Monks toiled away for many years to create these great tomes what would now be created in days by modern technology.
- I discovered an old tattered copy among my father 's faded leather-bound tomes on a shelf in our hallway.
- Several of the games are loosely based on classic Chinese literary tomes or are inspired by Chinese historical events.
- The books range from pocket guides to large tomes.Advertisement
- There are two Powell's in Chicago and the stores primarily specialize in academic and scholarly tomes, including a good collection on medieval studies and classics.
- Some of the most valuable antique tomes have been known to fetch stunning sums at collectors' auctions.
- Set in a time when anyone can become a 'scientist' by reading ancient tomes and solitary study, it tells the story of one Dr. Victor Frankenstein, who yearns to discover the secret of 'life'.
- P. Migne in the Patrologia Latina, tomes 160, 162 and 166 (Paris 1844).
- P. Migne in the Patrologia Latina, tomes 97 and 104 (Paris, 1866).Advertisement
- Molinier, Les Sources de l'histoire de France, tomes ii.
- Molinier, Les Sources de l'histoire de France, tomes iv.