Toddy sentence example
- The Hot Toddy Road Race is a great way to meet old friends and shed some of that excess festive poundage.
- The more common palms are Cocos, Phoenix and Borassus, supplying cocoa-nut and toddy.
- In1907-1908the total gross revenue from excise amounted to £6,214,000, of which more than two-thirds was derived from spirits and toddy.
- If you don't fancy a hot toddy before bedtime, warm up with the Hot Teddy instead.
- Toddy says: OMG this just rips it Batty back in the side n wat happens?Advertisement
- If you do n't fancy a hot toddy before bedtime, warm up with the Hot Teddy instead.
- When contemplating a toddy, you need to take stock of your liquor supply.
- Date sugar is a valuable commercial product of the East Indies, obtained from the sap or toddy of Phoenix sylvestris, the toddy palm, a tree so closely allied to the date palm that it has been supposed to be the parent stock of all the cultivated varieties.
- The collection of the sap (toddy) begins about the end of October and continues, during the cool season, till the middle of February.
- The sap is drawn off from the upper growing portion of the stem, and altogether an average tree will run in a season 350 lb of toddy, from which about 35 lb of raw sugar - jaggery - is made by simple and rude processes.Advertisement
- At Travancore in the south, Ringeltaube, an agent of the London Missionary Society, had begun a work, especially among the Shanars or toddy drawers, which by 1840 had 15,000 Christians; and the Church Missionary Society, led by Rhenius, had equal success in Tinnevelly.
- Civets, the mungoose (Herpestes), and toddy cats (Paradoxurus) are only found at the lower elevations.
- Whether you are mulling over the season with a mulled wine or fighting the cold with a hot toddy, holiday beverages will raise your spirits.
- When it is cold outside and the snow is piling up around the house, nothing soothes the soul like being snug outside a hot toddy.
- You can concoct a toddy using whiskey, brandy, rum, or bourbon, making the toddy a great party drink because you can make one to each guests tastes.Advertisement
- You can use rum to make a toddy, but if you have the rum out you might want to make a hot buttered rum just for a change of taste.