To-tell-the-truth sentence example
- She soft-peddled her answers, knowing to tell the truth would only upset him further.
- I was just bawling, to tell the truth.
- You have to tell the truth that no one else knows.
- When this golden rope wrapped around a person they had to tell the truth.
- If they were to tell the truth about electoral reform, that pesky democracy malarkey would just get in their way.Advertisement
- You should never expect people to tell the truth about their sexual shenanigans.
- In Persia, when Cyrus the Great was king, boys were taught to tell the truth.
- To Pierre's inquiries as to what he must do and how he should answer, Willarski only replied that brothers more worthy than he would test him and that Pierre had only to tell the truth.
- Only responding to the truth will reward the person to continue to tell the truth in the future.
- If you are asking questions and the person gives you one-word or short answers then it's probably because he or she doesn't want to lie but also doesn't want to tell the truth.Advertisement
- To make this comic book heroine even more formidable, she was given magic bracelets which she used to deflect bullets and her golden lasso which forced men to tell the truth.
- Marked differences might stem from the government's inability to tell the truth on this issue, or even stick to the same lie.