Tinfoil sentence example
- One buffet table sagged beneath the weight of five kegs while another held food wrapped in cellophane and tinfoil.
- A large trade is carried on at Burgdorf in the cheese of the Emmenthal, while among the industrial establishments are railway workis, and factories of cloth, white lead and tinfoil.
- A blue bronze, Na2W5015, forming dark blue cubes with a red reflex, is obtained by electrolysing fused sodium paratungstate; a purple-red variety, Na2W309, and a reddish yellow form result when sodium carbonate and sodium tungstate are heated respectively with tungsten trioxide and tinfoil.
- Of course, you can always buy one of those disposable tinfoil barbecues.
- It doesn't happen much when you wear tinfoil underneath a big floppy red hat.Advertisement
- One side of a sheet of paraffined paper is covered with a sheet of conducting substance, say tinfoil, and over the other side narrow strips of the same substance are arranged gridironwise to form a continuous circuit along the strip. The breadth and thickness of the strip and the thickness of the paraffined paper are adjusted so that the relative resistance and capacity of this arrangement are the same as those of the cable with which it is intended to be used.
- It does n't happen much when you wear tinfoil underneath a big floppy red hat.
- Heroin work: A series of non-figurative works using sheets of heroin residue on tinfoil collected anonymously.
- Now, where did I put my tinfoil hat?
- Quite frankly, Johnny Five made Metal Mickey look like a man in a tinfoil suit.Advertisement
- The instrument known as a Leyden jar consists of a glass bottle coated within and without for three parts of the way up with tinfoil.
- The main centres of the hardware industry are Munich, Nuremberg, Augsburg and Furth; the two first especially for locomotives and automobiles, the last for tinfoil and metal toys.
- Sir William Watson (1715-1787) in England first observed the flash of light when a Leyden jar is discharged, and he and Dr John Bevis (1695-1771) suggested coating the jar inside and outside with tinfoil.
- In the case of the charged Leyden jar, he asserted that the inner coating of tinfoil had received more than its ordinary quantity of electricity, and was therefore electrified positively, or plus, while the outer coating of tinfoil having had its ordinary quantity of electricity diminished, was electrified negatively, or minus.
- Cavendish measured the capacity of disks and condensers of various forms, and proved that the capacity of a Leyden pane is proportional to the surface of the tinfoil and inversely as the thickness of the glass.Advertisement
- Cover inappropriate places with tinfoil if you discover kitty is using them for a litter box.
- Cats hate how tinfoil feels on their paws, and they'll soon learn to keep out of the area.
- Cut out star shapes from old boxes or magazine covers and then cover them in tinfoil.