Time-worn sentence example
- She was a no nonsense woman in her thirties, time-worn to a mid-forties look, at best a five-beer take-home from an otherwise empty closing-time bar.
- The region of which Rhode Island is a part was at one time worn down to a gently rolling plain near sealevel, but has since been uplifted and somewhat dissected by stream action.
- All those time-worn medieval institutions which no longer allowed free scope to private or public life were demolished by the legists in favor of the monarchy.
- 2 All the time-worn fables and conjectures regarding the composition of the Milky Way were at once dissipated by the simple statement that to the eye, reinforced by the telescope, it appeared as a congeries of lesser stars, while the great nebulae were equally declared to be resolvable into similar elements.
- The furniture stain will cover up the time-worn abrasions on the table and make it look brand new again.Advertisement
- Existing fabrics can be given this time-worn appearance by bleaching lightly or using a tea-stain technique.
- Furniture in Tuscany interior design can range from sturdy pieces with time-worn finishes to richly finished wooden and upholstered pieces.
- Aged paint finishes can also be replicated with base colors that have been layered and then distressed to replicate the effect of a time-worn finish.