Time-outs sentence example
- Others advocate time-outs for a specified period of time.
- You can also schedule time outs for stressful periods of your day.
- This is also the time when time-outs might be introduced, especially when redirecting the child's attention no longer seems to work.
- Some parents combine time outs with the message, "Deal with it."
- As time has gone on, the time outs become less necessary, and the direction "Deal with it" is enough for the child to regain self-control.Advertisement
- If time outs are used in a preschool or daycare situation, parents may want to discuss this with the teachers or caregivers so that time outs can be used consistently in situations at home too.
- Children are often very vocally adverse to time outs, but time outs have been found to be effective ways of changing behavior in many children.
- The doctor should be consulted if the child is very violent to him or herself or others during time out, or if behavior does not improve after time outs have been regularly enforced over a few weeks.
- Technology is great, but time-outs are not.