Time-of-flight sentence example
- It passes over equal spaces in equal times, but falls with an accelerating velocity according to the formula h = zgt 2, where h is the height fallen through, g the force of gravity, and t the time of flight.
- - Determine the remaining velocity v and time of flight t over a range of woo yds.
- - Determine by calculation with the abridged ballistic table the remaining velocity v, the time of flight t, angle of elevation 0, and descent 13 of this 6-in.
- An additional benefit was that the light weight permitted a higher muzzle velocity, reducing the time of flight.
- Funds have been awarded by the EPSRC to enable our Division to purchase an aerosol time-of-flight mass spectrometer.Advertisement
- Thus, if the time of flight of a shell is 5 sec., the height of the vertex of the trajectory is about loo ft.; and if the fuse is set to burst the shell one-tenth of a second short of its impact at B, the height of the burst is 7.84, say 8 ft.