Tilling sentence example
- If one of these adopted Islam, Omar permitted him to leave his place, which had been strictly forbidden by I.Iajjaj in Irak and the eastern provinces, because by it many hands were withdrawn from the tilling of the ground, and those who remained were unable to pay the allotted amount.
- The first Awe work, written by James Donaldson, was printed in culture in 1697, under the title of Husbandry Anatomized; or, Scotland an Inquiry into the Present Manner of Tilling and in the 18th Manuring the Ground in Scotland.
- In the mass they were a body of patient laborers, tilling a rich soil, and hating all foreign lands and ways.
- Once this is completed she plans her summer sojourn in Tilling, wrestling with the social whirl of he new habitat.
- Perhaps Erysichthon may be explained as the personification of the labourer, who by the systematic cultivation and tilling of the soil endeavours to force the crops, instead of allowing them to mature unmolested as in the good old times.Advertisement
- But the tendency was towards "Independency," and the New Englanders were farmers tilling their own land, traders and seafaring men.
- Instead of tilling the soil and amending it, building a raised bed in such an area can be easier.
- Raised beds also work well because they don't require tilling equipment or significant weeding.
- The draining and tilling of submerged or uncultivated land on a large scale, the promotion of agriculture in every way, in particular by the digging of channels, and the regulation of the system of taxation, were carried out on his initiative.
- It also served as a day to celebrate the forthcoming preparation and tilling of the soil before the seed was sown.Advertisement
- Tilling is especially important because most disease microorganisms are destroyed once the plant material is mixed into the soil and begins to rot.
- It's not necessary to smooth the surface of the garden after fall tilling.
- Instead of rototilling or hand tilling the soil, adding compost, fertilizer, lime or other amendments, raised bed gardens can be filled with bagged soil from the garden center and bagged or home-made compost or mushroom compost.
- Be sure to choose a spot in your vegetable garden or yard for your asparagus bed that receives plenty of bright, direct, full sunshine, and a spot that won't be subjected to digging or tilling.
- This is a great organic fertilizer that you mix into the soil, either when planting something new, tilling a new bed, or when you just want to jazz up an existing bed.Advertisement
- If you are making a conventional garden, this will mean tilling up the soil, raking out the stones and clods of dirt, adding compost and tilling it again.
- Following the theory that people with type A blood are directly connected to agricultural ancestors who lived tilling the land to grow their food, the diet by blood type approach for type A includes a diet high in grains and vegetables.
- These beds are formed simply by tilling the soil to a depth of a few inches.