Tilbury Sentence Examples
The principal terminus of the Great Eastern Railway is in Liverpool Street (City), but the company also uses Fenchurch Street (City), the terminus of the London, Tilbury & Southend railway, and St Pancras.
A noteworthy scheme to improve the condition of the Thames, first put forward in 1902-1903, was that of constructing a dam with four locks across the river between Gravesend and Tilbury.
Tilbury Docks are used by the largest steamers trading with the port.
Subsequently, he undertook first the secretaryship and then the management and chief ownership of some tile-works at Tilbury, but here also he was unfortunate, and his imprisonment in 1703 brought the works to a standstill, and he lost £3000.
Unluckily for him his condemnation had the indirect effect of destroying his business at Tilbury.
Gervaise of Tilbury, writing early in the 13th century, has in his Otia Imperialia a chapter, De lamiis et nocturnis larvis, where he gives it out, as proved by individuals beyond all exception, that men have been lovers of beings of this kind whom they call Fadas, and who did in case of infidelity or infringement of secrecy inflict terrible punishment - the loss of goods and even of life.
Westcliff-on-Sea, a western suburb, has a station on the London and Tilbury line.
On his return to East Tilbury he was made foreman of Department 407 which position he holds at the present time.
In July, Mr Mason returned to East Tilbury and became chief manipulator to the leather factory.
In the year 653 we find North umbrian influence paramount in Essex, for King Sigeberht at the instance of Oswio became a Christian and received Cedd, the brother of St Chad, in his kingdom as bishop, Tilbury and Ythanceastere (on the Blackwater) being the chief scenes of his work.
AdvertisementBoth Tilbury and Dave Carroll remonstrated with the referee earning Carroll a yellow card.
Cargo handling thames hotels takes place on about 100 riverside wharves between Deptford and Canvey Island as well as at enclosed docks at Tilbury.
Capital expenditure continued with investments in new flour and semolina mills at Tilbury which will be commissioned during the current year.
The fine pad has tilbury tugs and separate shaped girth.
On 2 May 1866 Hanley married his third wife, the widow Mrs Eleanor Hopkins (nee Tilbury), at Hampstead, London.