Tierces sentence example
- It is usually sold in " tierces," that is, casks containing about 'o cwt.
- The dried or " finished " soda-ash is ground to a pretty fine powder and is packed into wooden casks or " tierces," holding from io to about 20 cwt.
- The next interesting point is that these bells typically have very quiet tierces - look at the intensity profiles compared with those at Tewkesbury.
- It does affect the timbre - bells with a major tierce have a clearly different quality than those with minor tierces.
- One suspects these major tierces in older bells occur through accident rather than design.Advertisement