Tierce sentence example
- Even in this peal, Taylors were not tuning the tierce to the theoretical value.
- The hum and the tierce in the chimed bell do not affect the initial sensation of pitch, despite the loudness of these partials.
- It does affect the timbre - bells with a major tierce have a clearly different quality than those with minor tierces.
- In bell founding these partials have acquired their own names of hum tone, prime, tierce, quint, and nominal.
- From the chart, one can see that the nominal, tierce and prime were barely touched, the hum lowered a little.Advertisement
- His swell mixtures often had a tierce rank in the tenor octave but this was a hangover of the 18th Century English organ.
- It is carried up forty-three notes without a break, which is an excellent feature in a tierce mixture of only three ranks.