Thumbing sentence example
- He was thumbing through the pages when Fred leaned over to him.
- A text may become illegible through damp or constant thumbing; portions of it may be torn away; if it is in book form, leaves or whole quires may be detached and either lost or misplaced.
- I think Rove will walk, thumbing his nose at the pile of corpses he helped to create.
- I think rove will walk, thumbing his nose at the pile of corpses he helped to create.
- This information is invaluable to anyone searching for a specific club that fits their dog hobby interests, and yields far quicker results than thumbing through a phone book.Advertisement
- If spring is in the air and thumbing through seed catalogs has you dreaming of your vegetable garden, you may begin to wonder, "When should I plant tomatoes?"
- Easier Navigation – Instead of thumbing through dozens of pages to find what you need, an online catalog allows you to search or find what you're looking for with the click of a mouse.
- If you're constantly thumbing through the latest issues of Vogue and In Style, chances are you have a taste for all things trendy and runway-worthy.
- Calling a lower back tattoo a "tramp stamp" is many women's way of thumbing their nose at antiquated attitudes about a woman's right to express herself.