Thriven sentence example
- The traders of Holland and Zeeland had thriven mightily by the war.
- It was perhaps at this time that the crinoids, as a class, reached their climax, and most forms of lime-carbonate-secreting life seem to have thriven.
- The various farm animals introduced by the whites have thriven well (see below, Agriculture).
- Several exotic species have been introduced into this part of Chile, some of which have thriven even better than in their native habitats.
- The east coast ports seem to have thriven under his rule, but Bristol was not less prosperous.Advertisement
- The society has never thriven in Germany, though a few houses have been founded there, in Munich and Vienna.
- - The commerce of Tunisia has thriven under the French protectorate, having risen from an annual total of about £1,700,000 in 1881 to £8,687,000 in 1908.