Thrips sentence example
- Recently, shade-grown tobacco in some localities has suffered considerably from the attacks of small sucking insects known as thrips, which produce " white veins " in the leaf.
- Bug Gun for Gardens, 800ml Spray Multi-purpose insecticide which controls greenfly, blackfly, caterpillars, whitefly, aphids and thrips.
- Applications of Decis or Evidence for other pests of peas will also have activity on pea thrips.
- Includes three families of Thrips (see Thysanoptera).
- White vein may also be induced by other causes besides the attacks of thrips.Advertisement
- A new project looking at novel approaches for controlling Thrips palmi began in September 2005.
- Some parts of Florida have also been affected by Thrips infestations.
- A series of 4 or 5 weekly sprays is best to control a thrips population.
- Thrips feed on cell sap by piercing the leaf or flower bud with their mouthparts.
- For example, basil helps to keep thrips out of gardens.Advertisement
- The minute insects included in it, which haunt blossoms and leaves, are fairly well known to gardeners by the name Thrips, a generic term used by Linnaeus for the four species of the group which he had examined and relegated to the order Hemiptera.