Threshed sentence example
- Corn is threshed by a norag, a machine resembling a chair, which moves on small iron wheels or thin circular plates fixed to axle-trees, and is drawn in a circle by oxen.
- In the principal rice-producing districts the rice is threshed and cleaned by machines, but in other districts more primitive methods are employed.
- Formerly wheat was grown chiefly in the region of long rainless summers, and the ripened grain was thrown upon uncovered earth floors and threshed by horses driven about over the straw, but this antiquated process was not suited to the climate and enterprise of the more southern provinces, and the modern threshing-machine has been introduced.
- The rice is threshed by being beaten in bundles on stones set upright on the threshing-floor; and when beaten out the grain is stored by the Hova in rice-pits dug in the hard red soil, but by the coast tribes in small timber houses raised on posts.
- In August 1884 winter oats were threshed and wheat ricks built.Advertisement
- In threshing wheat for seed, care should be taken that the machine is well cleansed of the grain it has previously threshing wheat for seed, care should be taken that the machine is well cleansed of the grain it has previously threshed.
- In threshing wheat for seed, care should be taken that the machine is well cleansed of the grain it has previously threshed.
- Corn was normally threshed by hand with a flail during the winter months.
- Despite many calming hands he threshed about, pointing at the empty space behind his father.
- The corn spirit is also said to be hiding in the barn till the corn is threshed, or it may be said to reappear at midwinter, when the farmer begins to think of his new year of labour and harvest.Advertisement
- Rice is threshed by beating the ears on a log; other grains, with flails on mud threshing-floors.
- The process by which the first of these contributions was turned into coin is still obscure; it is clear that the corn when threshed was taken over by certain public officials who deducted the amount due to the state.