Thresh sentence example
- It usually takes a day and a quarter to thresh the wheat which it took a day to cut.
- It costs about $1.50 an acre to thresh the grain and put it into the elevator.
- His interests in theoretical plant virus epidemiology were re-awakened by links with Mike Thresh and have subsequently developed into major research initiatives.
- Then thresh the new corn fighting off help from E, who spends most of the day (possibly all day) naked.
- The farmer estimates that a threshing-machine can thresh all the wheat ordinarily grown upon 2500 acres, so that a 5000-acre farmer would have at least two machines running at the same time.Advertisement
- Another character, Tinny Day, came with his huge steam-engines to thresh the grain and stack the straw.
- "Go, Tit, thresh a bit!" said the wag.
- These machines cut, thresh and stack the grain at the rate of 1600 sacks a day, and cover an area in that time of 100 acres.