Threepenny sentence example
- (It is easy to see that the radius of the bright spot is of the same order of magnitude.) The experiment succeeds in a dark room of the length above mentioned, with a threepenny bit (supported by three threads) as obstacle, the origin of light being a small needle hole in a plate of tin, through which the sun's rays shine horizontally after reflection from an external mirror.
- To find a threepenny dodger was very lucky, as was finding a discarded horse shoe on our rough country roads.
- The traditional coin was an old silver sixpence or threepenny bit.
- threepenny bits there " \m we still made mistakes.
- threepenny loaves on the first Sunday in every month to the poor who attend the chapel.Advertisement
- threepenny piece in my pudding.
- Do n't look at the floor, there 's no threepenny bits there \m we still made mistakes.
- The bread is distributed in threepenny loaves on the first Sunday in every month to the poor who attend the chapel.
- I found a silver pig and a threepenny piece in my pudding.