Thrall sentence example
- The thrall had a house of his own and was rather villein or serf than slave, having rights and a legal price by law.
- Fifteen years later, she is still totally brainwashed and in thrall of the control-freakery madman.
- It indicates the endeavour of man to reconstitute himself as a free being, not as the thrall of theological despotism, and the peculiar assistance he derived in this effort from Greek and Roman literature, the litterae humaniores, letters leaning rather to the side of man than of divinity.
- Boasted of his vise president thrall or even to.
- Some men are too elderly, too undersexed, too unattractive or too much in the thrall of Levitical taboo to be gay.Advertisement
- There were but two degrees of men, free and unfree, though only the franklins had any political power; and, from the nature of the life, social intercourse was unrestrained and unfettered; gon and thrall lived the same lives, ate the same food, spoke the same tongue, and differed little in clothing or habits.
- When we turn to the social divisions we find in Domesday and other documents classes of society in these districts bearing purely Norse names, dreng, karl, karlman, bonde, thrall, lysing, hold; in the system of taxation we have an assessment by carucates and not by hides and virgates, and the duodecimal rather than the decimal system of reckoning.
- In our first glimpse of Teutonic institutions, as given us by Tacitus, this older nobility appears as strictly immemorial (see Waitz, Deutsche Verfassungsgeschichte, i.185 sq.), and its immemorial character appears also in the well-known legend in the Rigsmal-saga of the separate creation of jarl, karl and thrall.
- For races, you can be Human, Elf, Dwarf, Urgoth, Wylvan, Zaur or a Thrall.