Theologies sentence example
- It is impossible to trace a safe path through the complicated aetiological myths, the fragments of reshaped legend and tradition, or the adjustment of rival theologies.
- They do not, however, exclude the possibility that by the side of the scholasticism of the early Jewish academical circles was the more popular thought which, forming a link between Jews and Christians, ultimately fell into neglect as Judaism and Christianity formulated their theologies.
- He regards the Stoics as having initiated a philosophical theology, and gives numerous references for the " three theologies " which they distinguished.
- Resolutely Protestant in early days and even Calvinistic, it yielded to the suggestions of its episcopal constitution' and sacramental liturgies; and now its theologies range from Calvinism at one extreme to outspoken hatred of Protestantism at the other.
- Did any of these theologies do justice to the great master thought of grace given to faith?Advertisement
- They were full of expectation of quick results, spurred on perhaps by a spirit of triumphalism that pervades some evangelical theologies.