Theodosius i sentence example
- As late as Theodosius I.
- (364-375) forbade the quartering of soldiers in the synagogues, Theodosius I.
- She had a rival in the empress Flaccilla, the pious consort of Theodosius I.
- Suidas states that he was of the same age as Theon of Alexandria, who wrote commentaries on Ptolemy's great work, the Syntaxis mathematica, and flourished in the reign of Theodosius I.
- Both practices were forbidden by law under the emperor Theodosius I.Advertisement
- Theodosius I.
- The reign of Theodosius I.
- It must, however, be noted that for the period from Theodosius I.
- 12) delivered in the senate house at Rome (389) in honour of Theodosius I.
- The chief sources from which he drew were: (1) the Church History, the Life of Constantine and certain theological works of Eusebius; (2) the Church History of Rufinus; (3) certain works of Athanasius; (4) the no longer extant /vva-ycoy'i of the Macedonian and semi-Arian Sabinus - a collection of acts of councils with commentaries, brought down to the reign of Theodosius I.Advertisement
- It is a triumphal archway, consisting of three arches, erected in honour of the victory of Theodosius I.
- The Mese linked together the great fora of the city, - the Augustalon on the south of St Sophia, the forum of Constantine on the summit of the 2nd hill, the forum of Theodosius I.
- In the forum of Theodosius I.