Theobromine sentence example
- It is closely allied to theobromine, the alkaloid of cocoa, and also to uric acid.
- Caffeine is the active principle in tea, coffee, kola, mate and guarana; while theobromine, a body closely allied to it, is found in cocoa and chocolate.
- The study showed that an ingredient of chocolate called theobromine was more effective at stopping persistent coughs than the leading cough medicine codeine.
- Chocolate also contains the chemical theobromine, which is poisonous to dogs.
- The humble cocoa bean, from which chocolate is produced, contains a drug called theobromine.Advertisement
- The level of capsaicin needed to cause coughing was about one third higher in the volunteers who had been given theobromine compared with placebo.
- No. The volunteers who took theobromine had none of the side-effects normally caused by other cough medicines.
- There is additional information about caffeine which is also generally true for its relatives theobromine and theophylline.
- The other methylxanthines (the major two being theobromine and theophylline) have similar but slightly differing effects and strengths from caffeine.
- It is free from the stimulants caffeine and theobromine found in chocolate.Advertisement
- Theobromine levels in loose leaf teas (6-7 mg/l) were also lower than in tea bags.
- The toxicity of chocolate for dogs is due to its theobromine content.
- Despite this, the levels of caffeine, theobromine and theophylline found in this survey are generally consistent with previous results.
- According to Mother Earth News, the tannic acid and theobromine help take the heat out and the catechins can help repair the skin.