Terminations sentence example
- The road along the east coast from Fanum Fortmrnae down to Barium, which connected the terminations of the Via Salaria and Via Valeria, and of other roads farther south crossing from Campania, had no special name in ancient times, as far as we know.
- In these buildings there is a great preference for apsidal terminations to the internal chambers, and the façades are as a rule slightly curved.
- The question how far the villages were really new settlements is difficult to answer, for the terminations -ham, -ton, &c. cannot be regarded as conclusive evidence.
- The terminations chiefly used are -au, -ion, -on, -i, -ydd, -oedd.
- At any rate the name Mordecai (the vocalization is uncertain) looks very much like Marduk, which, with terminations added, often occurs in cuneiform documents as a personal name.'Advertisement
- Thus curare may stop strychnine convulsions by paralysing the terminations of motor nerves, and chloroform may exercise the same effect by abolishing the irritability of the spinal cord.
- Locally applied they depress the terminations of sensory nerves, and may thereby lessen pain.
- In the case of curare these are masked almost at once by paralysis of the terminations of the motor nerves.
- The chief action of cocaine from a practical point of view is its power of paralysing the terminations of sensory nerves.
- Conine, gelseminine and sparteine all exert a paralysing effect on the terminations of the motor nerves, to the implication of which the weakened gait and other symptoms are due.Advertisement
- The fiber pigtail is provided unterminated and Laser 2000 provides any of the current industry standard terminations as an additional option.
- Delicate, acicular crystals with tiny quartz crystals attached to their terminations.
- Another patient was worried about a note about asthma screening, others about records of mental disorders and pregnancy terminations.
- This inglorious and passive chapter of Italian history is continued to the date of the French Revolution with the records of three dynastic wars, the war of the Spanish succession, the war of the Polish succession, the war of the Austrian ~5~s of succession, followed by three European treaties, ~ which brought them respectively to diplomatic terminations.
- In these buildings there is a great preference for apsidal terminations to the internal chambers, and the faÃ§ades are as a rule slightly curved.Advertisement
- Some examples of qualifying terminations include the job loss due to downsizing, being laid-off due to lack of available work, or the company going out of business.
- My experience has included handling employee terminations and aiding in improving company productivity.