Tenth-century sentence example
- The oldest historical synaxaria apparently go back to the tenth century.
- St Brigit's name appears under 1 February in the two tenth-century liturgical calendars with Glastonbury associations.
- Traces of a Saxon settlement have been found from the seventh century, and in the tenth century the Danes constructed defensive earthworks here.
- The tenth century saw Christianity at a lower nadir than at any time to the present.
- The cheating rabbi now cites a tenth century rabbi to show that characters on a page cannot appear by throwing ink at it.Advertisement
- A small exhibition room displays military regalia and unique tombstones dating back to the tenth century.
- Answer 2 The first striking factor about the world of the tenth century is the paradox of what makes man good.
- The first use of family names in Western culture was in the tenth century in Europe when family names were established based on a unique characteristic of the head of the family.
- It was associated with the Danes who had invaded both countries in the tenth century and left their mark accordingly.