Tenons sentence example
- Remember in the case of double tenons, the width of the tenon is the sum of both tongues.
- The whole derrick is set up by keys, no mortices or tenons being used, and thus the complete rig may be readily taken down and set up on a new site.
- If the joint be provided either with projections and recesses, such as murtises and tenons, or with fastenings, such as pins or bolts, so as to resist displacement by sliding, the question of the utmost amount of the tangential resistance CQ which it is capable of exerting depends on the strength of such projections, recesses, or fastenings; and belongs to the subject of strength, and not to that of stability.
- It is, however, differentiated from them all by having hewn stones, capstones, tenons and sockets.
- Each board securely rested in two sockets of silver, having mortises into which the tenons of the boards entered.Advertisement
- Check your plan for dados, dovetails and tenons to be sure that the plans have the joint support that you'll need to support the computer.
- Another popular choice for making tenons is using a Rockler Log Tenon Maker.
- Tenons are the shaped ends of wooden pieces that fit into specially crafted holes to form mortise and tenon joints.
- Woodworkers use these tools and machines, fitted with special mortising bits, to create the square or round holes that tenons fit into.
- These knives are used for peeling the bark off the wood, shaping the pieces and making tenons.Advertisement
- Instead of using a draw knife to make tenons, tenon cutters are a popular choice of many craftspeople today when making log furniture.
- Many log furniture makers use a mortising machine and special mortising tools for creating square or round holes for the tenons to fit into.
- Often the pegs used in the tenons are dark wood or stained black for a striking effect.