Tengri nor sentence example
- The lake region is noted for a vast number of hot springs, which are widely distributed between the Himalayas and 34° N., but are most numerous to the west of Tengri Nor (north-west of Lhasa).
- It continues through the central lake district to Tengri Nor and Lhasa.
- On the second journey (1874) he started from Ladak, crossing the vast and elevated plateau by the Tengri Nor and other great lakes, and again reaching Lhasa on the 18th of November.
- Bonvalot, accompanied by Father Dedeken of the Belgian Catholic Mission aid Prince Henri d'Orleans, left Charkhlik, south-west of the Lob Nor, in November 1889, and taking a very nearly due southerly course, reached on the 13th of February 1890 the eastern end of the Tengri Nor.
- Pursuing, amid great difficulties, his southerly course, he finally reached the western bank of Tengri Nor.Advertisement
- Nain Singh explored the sources of the Indus and of the Upper Brahmaputra in the years 1865-1867; and in 1874-1875 he followed a line from the eastern frontiers of Kashmir to the Tengri Nor lake and thence to Lhasa, in which city he remained for some months.
- The lake region is noted for a vast number of hot springs, which are widely distributed between the Himalayas and 34Ã‚° N., but are most numerous to the west of Tengri Nor (north-west of Lhasa).