Tempi sentence example
- The standard modern work on Savonarola is Pasquale Villari's, La Storia di Fra Girolamo Savonarola e de' suoi tempi (Florence, 1887) based on an exhaustive study of the original authorities and containing a number of new documents (English translation by Linda Villari, London, 1889).
- His Istoria dei suoi tempi was published in Florence in 1583; a new edition appeared also in Florence in 1872.
- But Tacitus, though he mentions the rumours, declares that its origin was uncertain, and in spite of such works as Profumo's Le fonti ed i tempi dello incendio Neroniano (1905), there is no proof of his guilt.
- For his life see Ardito, Giovanni Pontano e i suoi tempi (Naples, 1871); for his place in the history of literature, Symonds, Renaissance in Italy.
- These are fresh, unaffected accounts, using the predominately slow tempi that seem to have been prevalent in sacred music for this period.Advertisement
- It is also unusual for the very fast tempi taken by the conductor.
- On the final track, for example, there are three drum kit parts on the go at once, all in different tempi.
- Clearly this role is diminished at higher tempi, but they are of tremendous value at lower speeds.
- Editorial Note 4: Thus, the standard tempi for a transcendental Ã¦sthetic are those of bodily movement or slower.