Tempeh sentence example
- According to one report, small, inconsistent amounts occur in seaweed (including nori and chlorella) and tempeh.
- Instead, try some fried tempeh or tofu or very spicy beans with salsa to tame these cravings, with bread on occasion.
- Tempeh is a fermented soy product that has the chewy texture of meat.
- Unlike tofu, tempeh uses whole soybeans that are allowed to ferment.
- Tempeh can be used in many vegetarian dishes as a high quality protein and is one of the few vegetarian sources of vitamin B12.Advertisement
- Tofu, tempeh, and sea vegetables are regarded as good sources, along with miso and tamari.
- Tofu, tempeh, pure soybeans, and soy products contain, on average, 10 grams of protein or more per serving.
- Tempeh may contain as much as 40 grams of protein in a single serving.
- This link contains five recipes, including Tempeh Stuffed Peppers and Tuscan Vegetable Chowder.
- Vegans can also get probiotics by eating non-dairy fermented sources of the bacteria, such as kim chi, sauerkraut, tempeh, miso, and kombucha.Advertisement
- Many vegetarians attempt to put extra protein into their stir fries by tossing in some tofu, but seitan, tempeh, faux meats, or even cheeses such as paneer are other options for bumping up protein content.
- There are three basic meat replacements: tofu, tempeh and seitan.
- Tempeh marinated overnight turns a relatively tasteless fermented soybean product into delicious vegetarian bacon.
- The macrobiotic diet is similar, with brown rice being a staple, but with the addition of other protein sources such as fish and fowl, tofu, and other soy products (miso, tempeh).
- Tofu and tempeh are made from soybeans that are high in protein, calcium, and other nutrients.Advertisement
- Tofu, tempeh and beans will provide the necessary protein for a complete meal.
- Falafel, black bean burgers and tempeh share equal ranking on the menu with chicken wings, locally raised beef and salmon.