Telomerase sentence example
- It is a negative regulator of telomerase activity and thus inhibits the elongation of telomere length.
- He said: For a number of years we have been studying a molecule called telomerase, which is present in cancer cells.
- It is thought that some cancer cells become " immortalized " because they express telomerase and can therefore continue to proliferate indefinitely.
- In a second study, a Danish team found that permanently activating telomerase in similar stem cells also made them cancerous.
- They suggest that SCLC would be a prime target for therapies directed at the RNA component of human telomerase.Advertisement
- The majority of human tumors stabilize their telomere lengths by activation of the enzyme telomerase.
- However, both the human and mouse telomerase RNA genes are within CpG islands and may therefore be under the regulation of DNA methylation.
- Is small cell lung cancer the perfect target for anti- telomerase treatment?
- To the authors ' knowledge, the role of telomerase in germ cell derived malignancies has not previously been evaluated.
- The enzyme is found in most types of tumor cells but not in healthy cells, indicating the potential of telomerase inhibitors in chemotherapy.Advertisement
- Conclusions These results indicate that the telomerase promoters have the capacity to drive the expression of the NAT.
- However, the telomerase enzyme can build the telomeres up again, extending the life of the cell.
- A matter of great relevance, however, is the presence of telomerase activity in most tumors.
- A number of studies suggest that telomerase expression is an adverse prognostic factor for lung cancers.
- Two cases of breast carcinoma and two cases of ovarian carcinoma were also included as positive controls in the telomerase assay.Advertisement