Technicality sentence example
- In retaliation the 41st Congress excluded the state's representatives on a technicality, and, on the theory that the government of Georgia was a provisional organization, passed an act requiring the ratification of the Fifteenth Amendment before the admission of Georgia's senators and representatives.
- Immediately afterward he was tried on a charge of misdemeanour, and on a technicality was again acquitted.
- This provision, introducing an entirely new principle into the American governmental system, came into effect in January 1903, and was employed in the following year when a previously elected councilman who was "recalled" by petition and was unsuccessful in the 1904 election brought suit to hold his office, and on a mere technicality the Supreme Court of the state declared the recall election invalid.
- A similar idea with less technicality at affordable prices, are the semi-wet rooms and walk-in showers.
- A distinction can be drawn however when the defect is a mere technicality.Advertisement
- You don't want to be ready to show the judges your skills only to be turned away because of a technicality that you missed in the documentation.
- The other surprising technicality is that modern LED lights arguably do not comply with the relevant British Standard.
- Oh, so you got around it on a technicality.
- If the science fair is going to be judged, make sure that you know the rules so that you don't get disqualified on a technicality.
- Later, the Livingstons, piqued at Wash= ington's neglect to give them the offices they thought their due, joined the Clintons, but the Federal patronage was used against the anti-Federalists or Republicans with such effect that in 1792 John Jay received more votes for governor than George Clinton, although the latter was counted in on a technicality.Advertisement