Teals sentence example
- The game birds include quail (Bob White), ruffed grouse and a few pinnated grouse (once very plentiful, then nearly exterminated, but now apparently reappearing under strict protection), and such water birds as the mallard duck, wood duck, blueand green-winged teals, Wilson's snipe, and greater and lesser yellow legs (snipe).
- But the determination of the birds which should be technically considered "Teals," and belong to the genus Nettion, as distinguished from other groups of Anatinae, is a task not yet successfully attempted, and much confusion has been caused by associating with them such species as the Garganey and its allies of the group Querquedula.
- That morning we also saw two Egyptian Goose, several Common teals and lots of Wigeons.
- Others again have not yet been discriminated from the Wigeons (q.v.), the Pintail-Ducks, Dafila, or even from the typical form of Anas (see DUCK), into each of which genera the Teals seem to pass without any great break.
- That morning we also saw two Egyptian Goose, several Common Teals and lots of Wigeons.Advertisement
- You may want to choose candles in colors of the ocean, like blue, green, teals, tans or corals.
- Dark blues and teals also pair well and create a mythical and watery mood.