Tautology sentence example
- But when difference is relational, it is also an empty tautology.
- In some ways, the notion of exotic fishnet stockings is a tautology, because fishnets are already pretty exotic.
- Avoid tautology which is the needless repetition of the same idea.
- Davis argues that the specific tautology implicatures which actually arise in English are not ones that audiences could work out.
- The "De" henceforth became part of the name, having quite lost its earliest significance, and with unconscious tautology the barony is commonly referred to as that of De Clifford.Advertisement
- It is now generally recognized that it is mere tautology to speak of zoology and comparative anatomy, and that museum naturalists must give attention as well to the inside as to the outside of animals.