Tatra mountains sentence example
- The greatest elevations are in the Tatra mountains of the north of Hungary proper, in the east and south of Transylvania (the Transylvanian Alps) and in the eastern portion of the Banat.
- The Tatra Mountains extend through the Hungarian counties of Lipt6 and Szepes, and with their northern extremities also through the Austrian crownland of Galicia, and have a length of 4 o m.
- The largest and most numerous are found in the Tatra Mountains.
- The first account of the Tatra Mountains was written by Georg Buchholz, a resident of Kesmark in 1664.
- The county of Szepes is the highest part of Hungary, and its north-western portion is occupied by the Tatra Mountains.Advertisement