Tartans sentence example
- The chief manufactures are those of tartans and other woollens, and of agricultural implements.
- Tartans denote different clans in Scotland and in Guatemala a woman's blouse can indicate the village commune from which she comes.
- A. At the moment they include the purple tartans and plains kilts.
- Woollen manufactures (carpets, tartans, shawls) are the staple industry, and tanning, iron-founding, carriage-building and agricultural implement-making are also carried, on, in addition to furniture factories, cooperage and rubber works.
- By 1784 they produced 35 superfine tartans made of very fine wool, all of which can be found in his treasured sample book.Advertisement
- The principal industries include distilling, slate-quarrying and the manufacture of tweeds, tartans and other woollens.
- Other thriving industries include bleaching, dyeing, calico-printing, weaving (carpets, shawls, tartans), engineering, tanning, iron and brass founding, brewing, distilling, and the making of starch, cornflour, soap, marmalade and other preserves, besides some shipbuilding in the yards on the left bank of the White Cart.
- There are spinning-mills, and manufactures of tweeds, tartans and other woollen goods.
- Tweeds, blankets, shawls, tartans, lace curtains, cottons and winceys are also produced.