Tarbes sentence example
- He died at Tarbes on the 5th of October 1867.
- - Aire, Tarbes, Bayonne.
- The Midi (Southern) has lines radiating from Toulouse to Bordeaux via Agen, to Bayonne via Tarbes and Pau, and to Cette via Carcassonne, Narbonne and Bziers.
- Tarbes .
- Driven by Hill from Aire on the 2nd of March 1814, Soult retired by Vic Bigorre, where there was a combat (March 19), and Tarbes, where there was a severe action (March 20), to Toulouse behind the Garonne.Advertisement
- of Tarbes on the main line of the Southern railway between that town and Pau.
- Since the visions of Bernadette Soubirous, their authentication by a commission of enquiry appointed by the bishop of Tarbes, and the authorization by the pope of the cult of Our Lady of Lourdes, the quarter on the left bank of the Gave has sprung up and it is estimated that 600,000 pilgrims annually visit the town.
- critique des evenements de Lourdes (2nd ed., Paris, 1905), written under authority of the bishop of Tarbes; H.
- the plain of Tarbes, and for the remainder of its course in the department of Hautes Pyrenees is of much less importance as a waterway than as a means of feeding the numerous irrigation canals which cover the plains on each side.
- BERTRAND BARERE DE VIEUZAC (1755-1841), one of the most notorious members of the French National Convention, was born at Tarbes in Gascony on the 10th of September 1755.Advertisement
- of Mont-deMarsan on the Southern railway between Morcenx and Tarbes.