Taproot sentence example
- The root of the plant grows from one main taproot.
- The plant dies down in winter then regrows in March-April from the large fleshy taproot.
- However, if you are not careful, you can tear the taproot, which simply causes regeneration of the weed.
- Secondly, on account of its large taproot; it is this latter feature which suggests the link with Turbinicarpus.
- Seedlings rapidly develop a vertical taproot from which lateral roots are produced mainly in the upper 30 cm of soil.Advertisement
- The stems and foliage die down in winter leaving a stout taproot.
- Seed sown in May emerged within 7 days. The plant develops a long taproot.
- The plant produces a thick taproot up to 2 m long.