Tapetum sentence example
- The transgenic construct included a barnase ribonuclease gene controlled by a tapetum promoter.
- Horses ' eyes contain an additional shiny layer behind the retina called the tapetum lucidum, a feature shared by nocturnal animals.
- Surrounding the pitted wall of the ovum there is a definite layer of large cells, no doubt representing a tapetum, which, as in cycads and conifers, plays an important part in nourishing the growing egg-cell.
- The tapetum is derived from the layer of cells surrounding the sporogenous group. Short trabeculae of sterile tissue have been found to project into the cavity of the sporangium of some species.
- The sporogenous tissue, which is referable to several archesporial cells, is surrounded by a tapetum, mostly derived from the sporogenous group. In the microsporangium all the mother-cells undergo the tetrad division, giving rise to the numerous microspores.Advertisement
- In the megasporangium, on the other hand, the four megaspores, which arise from a single mother-cell, are nourished at the expense of the other sporogenous cells and of the tapetum.
- This polarizing capability is what makes the tapetum the vivid blue which startled Ms Dacke.