Tanagers sentence example
- To these follow the tanagers (Tanagridae), with upwards of forty genera (only one of which crosses the border), and about 300 species; the piculules (Dendrocolaptidae), with as many genera, and over 200 species; the ant-thrushes, (Formicariidae), with more than thirty genera, and nearly 200 species; together with other groups which, if not so large as those just named, are yet just as well defined, and possibly more significant, namely, the tapaculos (Pteroptochidae), the toucans (Rhamphastidae), the jacamars (Galbulidae), the motmots (Monotidae), the todies (Todidae), the trumpeters (Psophiidae), and the screamers (Palamedeidae); besides such isolated forms as the seriema (Cariama), and the sun-bittern (Eurypyga).
- Many writers have included in it the buntings (Emberizidae), though these seem to be quite distinct, as well as the larks (Alaudidae), the tanagers (Tanagridae), and the weaver-birds (Ploceidae).
- The song birds and insectivorous birds include the cardinal grosbeak, scarlet and summer tanagers, meadow lark, song sparrow, catbird, brown thrasher, wood thrush, house wren, robin, blue bird, goldfinch, red-headed woodpecker, flicker (golden-winged woodpecker), and several species of warblers.
- The Olive Tanagers stayed around and I could always hear this noisy flock.
- These included hummingbirds, parrots, tyrant flycatchers, tanagers, warblers and especially orioles.Advertisement
- Lunch is a welcome but ' edgy ' affair, as not everyone has seen the tanagers.
- Highlights included several tanagers, Slaty-tailed Trogon, Long-tailed Woodcreeper and Yellow Warbler.
- We can hardly miss some of the colorful tanagers and manakins, and new birds will be coming thick and fast!
- Yellow-tailed Oriole was easy to identify along with Lineated Woodpecker and several common tanagers.
- We were immediately captivated by the tanagers, the most exotic of which were the Green-headed and the Brazilian Tanager.Advertisement
- We can hardly miss some of the colorful tanagers and manakins, and new birds will be coming thick and fast !