Tamil sentence example
- Its medieval history consists of struggles between the native sovereigns and Tamil invaders.
- The followers of Ramanuja have split into two sects, a northern one, recognizing the Vedas as their chief authority, and a southern one, basing their tenets on the Nalayir, a Tamil work of the Upanishad order.
- Writing an article or speaking in support of Kashmiri, Tamil or Kurdish self-determination could be construed as inviting support for a proscribed organization.
- Sri Lanka is an island off the southeast coast of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
- In addition to the latest hits, the site also features cricket highlights, Hindi music videos, Punjabi music videos, Tamil movies and Malayalam movies.Advertisement
- Karaoke Music India - If you're looking for Indian karaoke music, this site has several categories including Malayalam, Tamil, and Hindi.
- The Kaffirs have their own organ, Ipipa lo Hlunga (the paper of grievances), issued at Maritzburg, and the Asiatics, Indian Opinion, a weekly paper started in 1903 and printed in English, Gujarati, Hindi and Tamil.
- Early in the 18th century it printed editions in Arabic, and promoted the first versions of the Bible in Tamil and Telugu, made by the Danish Lutheran missionaries whom it then supported in south India.
- It suffered much during the earlier Tamil invasions, and was finally deserted as a royal residence in A.D.
- Just as two centuries earlier the Jesuits at Madura, in the extreme south, composed works in Tamil, which are still acknowledged as classical by native authors, so did the Baptist mission at Serampur, near Calcutta, first raise Bengali to the rank of a literary dialect.Advertisement
- Tamil has an unbroken literary tradition dating back to the third century BC.
- If you know you're greeting a Tamil (the largest minority), you can substitute, "Wanacome."
- His father Dhatu Sena, a country priest, had, after many years of foreign oppression, roused his countrymen, in 459, to rebellion, led them to victory, driven out the Tamil oppressors, and entered on his reign as a national hero.
- Though in all probability a Tamil by birth, he declares, in the opening lines of those of his works that have been edited, that he followed the tradition of the Great Minster at Anuradhapura in Ceylon, and the works themselves confirm this in every respect.