Talma sentence example
- When it was at last produced on the 4th of November 1789, it achieved an immense success, due in part to its political suggestion, and in part to Talma's magnificent impersonation of Charles IX.
- Brutus had been applauded in red-heeled shoes and culottes jarretees; but Talma, advised by David, appeared in toga and sandals before an enthusiastic audience.
- His eldest son, Emilien Lucien (1787-1863), wrote several tragedies, the leading roles in which were interpreted by Talma.
- Napoleon thought him a " shifty Byzantine," and called him the Talma of the North, as ready to play any conspicuous part.
- Paris is Talma, la Duchenois, Potier, the Sorbonne, the boulevards," and noticing that his conclusion was weaker than what had gone before, he added quickly: "There is only one Paris in the world.Advertisement