Tallis sentence example
- In the church Wolfe, who died at Quebec (1759), and Tallis, the musician, are buried.
- Thomas Tallis >>
- By composing these settings for Compline, Tallis made up for the loss of the splendid votive antiphons.
- The two early votive antiphons Ave Dei and Ave Rosa open the disk and it concludes with one of Tallis's masterpieces Salve Intemerata.
- Tallis always sets the first polyphonic verse or pair of verses in compound duple meter and the others in simple duple meter and the others in simple duple.Advertisement
- In fact it is possible that Tallis's great 40-part motet, Spem in Alium was composed for Queen Mary's 40 th birthday.
- In November 2002, we gave a concert of music by Thomas Tallis, including Spem in Alium, his famous 40 part motet.
- Passiontide hymn contributed by Tallis to Parker's The Whole Psalter of 1567.
- The Choir's latest CD release, of music by Thomas Tallis, has won many plaudits in the music press.
- sacrum convivium ' by Tallis.Advertisement
- Caesar's ' Missa Brevis Capella Regalis ' was sung at Chelmsford together with the anthem ' O sacrum convivium ' by Tallis.
- Tallis's motet O sacrum convivium actually started life as an instrumental fantasia.
- Tallis argued that many beasts have sentience but no knowledge and thus could not be described as having consciousness.
- Caesar 's ' Missa Brevis Capella Regalis ' was sung at Chelmsford together with the anthem ' O sacrum convivium ' by Tallis.