Talismans sentence example
- Amulets, seals, talismans, relics, ear or nose rings stamped with divine emblems or otherwise hallowed, communicate their holiness to the wearers and protect from the Adversary.
- Jewelled bazubands, containing talismans, are often worn on the upper arm, while among the lower orders and south Persian or Arab women nose-rings are not uncommon, and bangles or anklets of beads.
- The Ancient Egyptians used obsidian in talismans, which had to be imported from Ethiopia.
- It is not possible to wear two talismans of the same shape at the same time.
- Ancient Europeans used moonstone talismans for safe journeys, happy marriages and fertility.Advertisement
- There are countless additional good luck objects, charms, amulets and talismans that exist in cultures around the world.
- Religion: Religious imagery may include talismans, amulets and wards against the evil eye.
- Like most other parts of the sport, college football helmets have become both talismans and souvenirs.
- Also known as amulets and talismans, some types of lucky charms are meant for people to wear or carry, while others are meant for placement in special areas of homes or offices.