Taking-leave sentence example
- She refused, nevertheless, to become Louis's mistress, and after taking leave of the king in Anne of Austria's presence retired to the convent of the Filles de SainteMarie in 1637.
- The guests began to disperse, some without taking leave of Helene.
- He ordered his horse at once and, coldly taking leave of Boris, rode home.
- He filled the girls' albums with verses and music, and having at last sent Dolokhov the whole forty-three thousand rubles and received his receipt, he left at the end of November, without taking leave of any of his acquaintances, to overtake his regiment which was already in Poland.
- There were other guests and the countess talked little to him, and only as he kissed her hand on taking leave said unexpectedly and in a whisper, with a strangely unsmiling face: Come to dinner tomorrow... in the evening.Advertisement
- In the porch and in the yard the men whom Petya had armed with swords and daggers, with trousers tucked inside their high boots and with belts and girdles tightened, were taking leave of those remaining behind.
- Without taking leave of his new friend, Pierre left the gate with unsteady steps and returning to his room lay down on the sofa and immediately fell asleep.
- We are at home on Thursdays--today is Thursday, so please come and see us quite informally, said the governor, taking leave of him.
- And on taking leave of the governor's wife, when she again smilingly said to him, "Well then, remember!" he drew her aside.
- One main reason given for not taking leave is that the man's wife is a stay at home mom.Advertisement
- The European average for fathers taking leave is low, but it's high in areas with positive policy.
- Areas that have father specific maternity leave also see a rise in men taking leave.
- Doing all this and more can help you not only prepare well for enjoying a stress-free maternity leave, but it can also show your boss that you are a seriously efficient and responsible employee even though you're taking leave.